2016 Year in Travel
While 2016 wasn’t as much frequent traveling as 2015, I flew more miles, accumulated more award points, and visited more countries and airports in one year than ever before.
Here are some quick statistics from my travel in 2016:
- Miles Flown: 100,630
- Planes Boarded: 69
- Number of Airports Visited: 30
- Number of Countries Visited: 13
- Countries I had never visited before: 9
- Approximate time spent on planes: 218 Hours (more than 9 days)
- Number of Award Flights: 8
- Approximate Dollar Value Saved by redeeming miles: $40,000
- Number of Hotel Nights: 43
- Airline and Hotel Elite Status Earned: 2 SPG(Marriott) and American Airlines
- Pictures taken: More than 5,000
- Memories made: too many to count
My favorite spot I visited this past year was probably the Maldives. It was a long journey for kind of a short stay, but the beautiful crystal clear waters, and white sand beaches made it 100% worthwhile.
As you can see the past year in travel has been an exciting one. I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store for us. I want to thank you all for being so supportive as I developed my writing style and learned how to be a better photographer, videographer, and editor. I hope to keep the momentum up in 2017 and make it the best year in travel yet!
Want to learn how I manage to travel the world and save so much money by redeeming award tickets? Sign up for the Passports to Life weekly Newsletter!