My Packing list for Singapore
With my trip to Singapore less than a week away, it’s time to start thinking about what to pack. When I start thinking about what to pack for a trip I first look at the weather. This gives me an idea of what kind of weather I’ll be contending with during my trip. Singapore is only about 1-degree north of the equator (80ish miles), so its going to be warm. It looks like temperatures hover near 90 and there is a chance of rain most days this time of year, quite like Tampa, so I will feel right at home. Food is a top priority for this trip and I will be checking out a couple of Singapore’s fine dining options, so I’ll have to keep that in mind when deciding what to pack.
What to pack?
I wrote a post not too long ago about 5 travel essentials. The five items I don’t travel without the list included my camera, MacBook, and my mophie external battery. I recently got a new mophie with a bigger capacity because my other one was stolen out of my truck. Below is the rest of my packing list for Singapore.
- Swim Trunks – Hopefully I’ll have a chance to enjoy the Conrad’s pool during my stay. I’ll take a couple pairs of trunks.
- Shorts – Since the weather is hot I’ll need a few pairs of shorts so I can stay cool while I’m sightseeing. I may also try and get a couple workouts in while I’m there.
- T-shirts – I have a few Lululemon shirts that are great for working out in, but also great for keeping cool in the heat.
- Long pants and some button downs for nice dinners
- Travel clothes – I typically wear jeans or other long pants and a polo when flying. For the transpacific flights I’ll bring some of the Pajamas I’ve gotten on the other long haul flights from this year to stay comfortable.
- Comfortable shoes – when exploring a new city comfortable shoes are essential. When Mal and I were in Paris we walked 20 miles in one day exploring the city. This year I have been rocking tan Reebok crossfit high tops they are really comfortable!
- Underwear and socks – We recently tried out MeUndies, and we are hooked! They come out with a new design each month in a number of different styles. Try them out and get 20% off!
- GoPro – Having a GoPro with you is always a good idea when traveling. You never know when you might have the chance to do something extreme or underwater!
- Rain Jacket – Looking at Hong Kong’s weather there is an 80% chance of rain every day for the next 10 days, so I should probably bring a rain jacket
- A couple books – The flight from LAX to HKG is more than 15 hours long and while I’ll sleep for a good part of that I’ll still have a lot of time to kill during the flights. I’ve been reading the 4 hour work week, but also have the new Harry Potter and The Girl on the Train on my to read list.
- Contact solution/case, toothbrush, and toothpaste
I should be able to fit all of this in my small carry on so I won’t have to worry about checking any bags. I may make a packing tips video to go with this post and show you how I’m able to fit 10 days’ worth of clothes in a small carry-on bag. Something to note is chewing gum is illegal in Singapore, so be sure you don’t have any in your luggage! Here is a list of some other weird things that are illegal in Singapore.